Garden View

Garden View
Hello and Welcome! I decided to start this blog for everyone out there who has an interest, or WANTS to be interested, in living a life that is a little more sustainable. I am still learning, and invite you to follow this blog to learn along with me. I will share what I have learned as we go, and hopefully you will pitch in and share what YOU are doing to live a little more off of what you can grow and DO from home. PLEASE BELIEVE ME when I say, if I can learn how to do this on a very small backyard plot in a city, then ANYONE can do this!!

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

The girls are still messin' with Mr. Funny Bunny

What do you see in the picture?


NOW what do you see?




 


This was one happy bunny!  Otis (the 5 month old Flemish Gaiant rabbit) had some free time in the yard kicking up his heels  the other day.  Apparently, all this joy and jubilation caused him to feel a little warm and tired.  He found a clump of dirt from a spent pot I dumped in the run and he plopped right down in the middle of it.  Well, since Otis lives with chickens, he HAD to know that they would be over to take part in the fun in no time....






This crew is quite the entertainment!  Those crazy chickens took to trying to bury Otis in the dirt like a sand angel , and Otis was just in happy-dreamy-la la land the entire time.  Well, I can say that this sweet little boy amongst the girls has tolerated their antics with style!www.backyardhomesteadadventure.blogspot.com

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is so cute! I'm surprised Otis tolerates the chickens. Do they try pecking at him? He does look quite comfy in his pile of dirt though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah-the chickens weren't sure at first and he did get pecked on the ear once, but hasn't had any issues since. He does VERY well living with them and, at times, even seems to play with them and chase them around. I have seen the chickens snuggling up to him on days and nights that it is cold. I just wish I had my camera handy more often to catch all of those endearing moments!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing my post Lisa! They crack me up daily-so I have started calling them "my therapy."

      Delete
  3. my girls put their bunnies in the chicken coop from time to time. it is amazing how different their personalitites are. we have two that just don't like it at all. we have one that like to race around and cause a kamotion (he's our champion bunny hopper). one like to chase the ducks and leaves the chickens alone. one likes to find escape holes. one just digs. oh, variety the spice of life. it's grand. we can watch them all day.
    kathy

    ReplyDelete